Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Start of Something New

Why? Why start a blog? Why do I, one that hates writing, want to commit myself to writing anything? Could it be the fact I will turn 40 this year & wish to "pen" my youth. Could it be because this past year has topped off the past 5 years as the most life-changing years of my life? Or I am just looking for something to do? Maybe a little bit of everything.

I titled this blog "A New Day" because I have certainly became a new Day, each & every day. I love how Luke 1:78 express the love of new beginnings, new days: "A new day will dawn on us from above because our God is loving & merciful." This newness, this blessed newness, never dulls, never goes away. Despite me...despite my wayward heart...despite my wavering faith. My Lord loves me despite my failures. And I  renewed every time that is brought to my rememberence.

Truly, I believe that this is a need of mine. A need that outreaches a mere boredom. One that I pray can help me journey through this life God blessed me with. This life, with all it's joys & trials, I can never repay Him for. In sharing this with everyone, maybe I'm sharing it with no one. That's a thought that's kept me from doing this...why do it if no one reads. But it's not for anyone, but for Him. God doesn't need my blog, but maybe someone does. Maybe someone that is walking through the same fires I have & just needs to know that, with God, life can be better. Maybe no one at all. Maybe just me. But in telling my story, His story, He will be glorified. That's all that matters anyway.

I do not profess to be a writing pro. I can not promise to be perfect, or witty, or brilliant. But I can promise to be totally transparent in the telling of God's love & grace in my life. Some days will be my past, some my present. But all will be because of the future, the new days, He promises. Until next time!

In His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment